- Significant contract wins/expansions across Europe, the Americas and Asia were fueled by strong customer endorsements and successes
- Successful launches with Astro, CenturyLink, PCCW, Vodafone Kabel Deutschland and Liberty Global (now live in 8 countries)
- Turnover up 25% and profits up 30% year on year for FY ending 30 June 2017
- Continued number 1 leadership position in Search and Discovery
London and LA – September 7th, 2017 – ThinkAnalytics™, Emmy® award-winning developer of the world’s most deployed TV search and recommendations engine for pay-TV and OTT, today announced record results for the financial year ending 30 June 2017, with turnover up 25% and profits up 30% year on year.
Business highlights include successful launches with Astro (Astro Go and NJOI), CenturyLink, PCCW, Vodafone Kabel Deutschland and Liberty Global (now live in 8 countries). New contract wins include: Megacable, Proximus, Telia, and TDC, as well as a large European telco deploying across multiple countries in multiple languages for pay TV and OTT. These new wins further enhance ThinkAnalytics’ leadership position in this sector worldwide.
ThinkAnalytics’ growth is being fueled by customers’ strong recognition of a guaranteed uplift in viewer engagement, loyalty and ARPU, with up to 70 to 90% of viewing now coming from intelligent search and content recommendations. The firm now has over 220 million subscribers under contract globally across its pay-TV and OTT customer base, and the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine now serves over 80 billion recommendations a month.
ThinkAnalytics has continued to invest heavily in R&D over the last several years, which has borne fruit with the launch of groundbreaking new products and features during FY2017 including:
- ThinkVoice-activated search and recommendations. Integrated with the Search and Recommendations Engine, this is already live with one European customer in multiple languages (a world first), with another multi-country operator due to start live deployment soon;
- ThinkInsight. Announced at NAB 2017, this is a modular platform that incorporates the ThinkAnalytics Search and Recommendations Engine, ThinkBigData, ThinkComposer and ThinkEditorial suite of products; it also integrates seamlessly with third-party data sources. Customers can choose to add functionality as their business requirements evolve.
“More and more we see our leading recommendations customers adopting ThinkBigData. Using ThinkAnalytics’ deep learning and insight, customers are enabled to better drive their business and user experience, resulting in greater agility and a very fast return on investment. We’ve seen a step change in our pay-TV and OTT business this year, which reflects our keen focus on continual innovation and our ability to deliver ROI on the back of strong uplift results for customers,” said Eddie Young, Chairman, ThinkAnalytics.
ThinkAnalytics’ personalized Search and Recommendations Engine boosts viewing times and positively impacts customer loyalty to drive up revenues and ARPU.
ThinkAnalytics’ flagship solution is the ThinkAnalytics Emmy® Award Winning Search and Recommendations Engine, the most widely deployed real-time, personalized content and recommendations engine.
More recently, the company has broadened its reach with ThinkInsight, the industry’s first Customer and Video Insight Data Platform built specifically to meet the needs of pay-TV/OTT players. ThinkInsight incorporates the ThinkAnalytics Search and Recommendations Engine ThinkBigData, and ThinkMarketing suite of products. It gives pay-TV/OTT players a holistic view of their business, enabling them to better address key industry KPIs that will help to boost loyalty, ARPU, customer experience and develop new revenue streams.
The company’s customer base of over 70 video service providers serves more than 220 million subscribers worldwide. Customers include Cox Communications, Centurylink, Liberty Global, Rogers, Sky, Swisscom, Singtel, Vodafone and KPN. The ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine now serves over 75 billion recommendations a month and is available as a cloud service or on premise
ThinkAnalytics is a private, employee-owned company with offices in UK, USA, Singapore and India.